Skip to main content

Every woman (Tear Eye #3)


Photo by Clarke Sanders on Unsplash
                                    
Every Woman (Tear Eye 2)

There is this throwback jam that still plays in my head when I put on my big girl heels to hold a training, anchor a meeting or execute a project. 

It’s Mama Whitney singing:

"I'm every woman it's all in me
Anything you want done baby
I'll do it naturally"

Even when  I am in those sexy heels to take "Daddy" to church or maybe those trainers to hit the road or the slippers to wash plate or cook or no shoes at all to get down and play with my little girl. I am all these women.

I am the antagonistic Stanger across the room who you figure is too overbearing who you figure has an unhappy home because I don't fit into your box.

I am the wife who allows her husband introduce her to all his friends and who may sit and smile when his acquaintance makes a comment like 'let's not bother madam's head with all this work talk' and I smiled because well... (Wrangle your inner feminist madam this is neither the place nor the time).

I am the one who is both peace maker and trouble starter. I am your best friend and I am your worst enemy, I am the slut and I am the prude. I am the extremely unapproachable sexy lady and sometime the very likable girl next door. I am someone who could have been your girlfriend and someone who is a mummy.

I am the sledge hammer taking on the world and I am the one who wants you to kill the cockroach that just crawled on the counter. 

I want to be left alone and I want to be held, The vegetarian and the carnivore, slender chic, thick chic.

I am sometimes very sad and other times extremely happy. I am the pessimist and I am the very optimistic. I am a dreamer and sometimes I have too much reality.

I am a preacher and I am a sinner, I am someone's baby and I am someone's boss. I am someone's daughter and I am someone's mother. I am someone’s hater and someone’s lover.

When you have a woman who has the potential to be a different one from the one you knew, like an onion, always shedding skin, different personalities. An onion at the core, but exposing different layers as you go. If you choose right and you are doing it right this is definitely not the same girl you knew and it's a good thing.

There is nothing to be afraid of and definitely no dull moment if you exercise patience you will meet different versions of the woman you know, you will of course love some more than others, but imagine how fantastic it is to get such different awesomeness in just one Woman.


Imagine…


xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Spank or Not To Spank.

  This is a late Mother's day post. Lately the  topic of spanking just pops up  everywhere. If you don't believe me just type spanking and child on google. Where ever there are parents people are airing their views on whether or not to spank their kids. Lately the trend is shifting away from spanking even though the bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. Some people argue that the bible didn't mean the rod literally  just a form of correction. Personally I believe in the rod. It  can take any form, the hand, the slippers, sometimes the spoon in your hand or even a pinch... lol. But I believe  in the rod. Most Nigerian mothers believe in spanking too. It's effective and straight to the point. Your disapproval is not left in contention. Some people believe though in negotiation. I don't see how rewarding a child for common sense is a good idea. In the long run won't it come back to bite your behind? Think about it "John if you stop sl...

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...

How Old Is Old Enough: Marriage

I have been writing this post for weeks, one reason being that I have to earn a living the other that I had momentarily lost my Mojo (juice). Being the deep 21st century individual that I am (Thank you, Thank you), I made an attempt to research for this post. I typed into google "when is the right time to get married" and the top two search results were kinda funny. One was from  Nairaland the other from the UK Independent. The Nairaland one said that its about 18 onward. The UK Independent one based its write up on the results of some scientific research which said about 28 to 32. Wiki How even has an 11 step process.                                    When can anyone really say they are ready for marriage? is it when you have been with the same man for a long time or when you think your biological clock is ticking or when other people tell you that you are ready for marriage....