Skip to main content

The Killing of the Virtuous Woman




(Unchained Part 1)

This is where she died. The virtuous woman.

She started early with one kid on her back and the other one pinned to her side. Going up a hill with a bucket of water while he still slept...
Back pain killed her.

No appetite after cooking food for you and you and you, too tired to laugh or eat or take part in the conversation…
Complacency killed her

They said to make something of yourself. She had no time; home had to be perfect she said my home is the reflection of who I am…
Aimlessness killed her.

She began late with the clothes washing and the floor scrubbing while watching the brood she had to split to bare. Because of love, she held nothing back...
She moved on to the bedroom where she had to be your love, your whore, your dream for 5 minutes and yet you found flaws, but she smiled and moved on with it…
Selflessness killed her.

This is where she died the love of your life, of heartbreak when she heard you had room in your heart for more, space in your bed for so many more…
Heartbreak killed her.

This is where she died when your mistress spat on her calling her the scum of the earth the woman who couldn’t keep a man or please a man…
Shame killed her.

She was a victim of your selfishness an accomplishment of your ego.

I arose from her ashes wiser with my battle scares I stared you in the face,
I take and take and take and when you are bent over I still take some more,
You made me,
 Who I am? A Phoenix from the ashes of shame, from the Ashes of a fire your father's father's father began.
I am not bound by your rules,
My master is my comfort my judge is my God.
Dear love, I gave only to you as I felt you burned then I held back.

There is no virtuous woman here...
Not the virtuous mess of your father's wet dreams,
I owe you no reason.
I respect as respect is due
I love as love deserves
I am deserving and I know it.

Because I know everything about the killing of the virtuous woman.
_YD_ 





Photo By: Mohamed Nohassi on Unsplash






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Old Is Old Enough: Marriage

I have been writing this post for weeks, one reason being that I have to earn a living the other that I had momentarily lost my Mojo (juice). Being the deep 21st century individual that I am (Thank you, Thank you), I made an attempt to research for this post. I typed into google "when is the right time to get married" and the top two search results were kinda funny. One was from  Nairaland the other from the UK Independent. The Nairaland one said that its about 18 onward. The UK Independent one based its write up on the results of some scientific research which said about 28 to 32. Wiki How even has an 11 step process.                                    When can anyone really say they are ready for marriage? is it when you have been with the same man for a long time or when you think your biological clock is ticking or when other people tell you that you are ready for marriage....

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...

Learning Alot of Nothing: The Reality of Nigeria's education

Hello everyone, it's been a while. I have been out of town and very busy trying to get some things going. The reality of our hustle. Hope you are all doing good and enjoyed the  holiday. So over the weekend I was reading a couple of things about the Nigerian education sector and since schools  just closed I had the opportunity to talk to some of my young friends, nieces and nephews who are still in school. How many of us thought when we were young and back in school, how important what we were doing was. I love education, I love a chance to learn new things and I have the kind of mind that hardly ever forgets. Not that I was always first in my class or something but I was a good student, and I thought what I was learning will change the world.  Matter of fact is that it didn't. most of the things that I actually use in my life now are things I learned outside the strictures of the formal education system. How is it that Nigerian  graduates amount to abou...