Skip to main content

Who Reputation Help


                          
Image result for a good name
"A good name is better than riches" it is said, but who reputation help?

In a county where we give awards to men and women we know lack integrity just because they are rich. Where the rules that apply to the 1 % don't apply to others...so who reputation help please?

The problem is that the saying is mostly true. A good name is better than riches. There are real life instances that support this and we know them.

In life, nothing holds more influence for people than the word of somebody they trust. Real life is hardly influenced by Facebook posts or social media coverage. People only refer people who they like and who are good at what they do whether they met them on social media or not.

I met a staff member at a clients organisation and the first thing I noticed right off was the bad attitude. Whenever I went back to that office, I did my best to stay out of this staff way and not have any dealings with the person if I could control it. When I did in fact have to deal with the individual, I kept if as brief and as formal as possible even though the organisation was pretty informal.

Subsequently I was called on to do a staff audit and while I tried my hardest to keep my personal feelings out of the equations, I couldn't help the fact that this staff's bad attitude was well known throughout the organisation and they were the first person the team leader recommended for a reshuffle (usually a precursor to a sack).

The attitude was bad not only to teammates and co-workers but also to clients. It brought to mind the ‘stinky diver' tag line from my childhood "a navy commander with an attitude as bad as his odour".  The staff didn’t have a bad odour of course but her attitude did in fact stink.


People may not say it but they remember and nothing is ever harder to forgive than a bad attitude

On the other hand, kindness is the only trait that brings good karma. Your good name is more valuable than any deposit you can make in the bank and that's why people are very conscious of how they are portrayed. That is why gossiping is a sin and slander is a punishable offence. If it didn't mean anything no one will mind.

You remember when someone stands by their word you can say "when she says it she will do it". You remember when someone is honest and you want to work with that person again you say "She is very honest in her deals I will rather work with the person I know", because a good name builds people's confidence in you.

So who reputation help? Well all of US if you ask me.

We can't all be the best at everything. We can't be the prettiest or the sharpest. But we can try to be the kindest and the most honest. The one who people remember keep their word. We can try to be the hardest worker, or the go getter.

We can try to be remembered as somebody who people have faith in and want to meet again.

Don't mess with your good name. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Spank or Not To Spank.

  This is a late Mother's day post. Lately the  topic of spanking just pops up  everywhere. If you don't believe me just type spanking and child on google. Where ever there are parents people are airing their views on whether or not to spank their kids. Lately the trend is shifting away from spanking even though the bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. Some people argue that the bible didn't mean the rod literally  just a form of correction. Personally I believe in the rod. It  can take any form, the hand, the slippers, sometimes the spoon in your hand or even a pinch... lol. But I believe  in the rod. Most Nigerian mothers believe in spanking too. It's effective and straight to the point. Your disapproval is not left in contention. Some people believe though in negotiation. I don't see how rewarding a child for common sense is a good idea. In the long run won't it come back to bite your behind? Think about it "John if you stop sl...

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...

An Ode to Men

                                                   I love Men, yep you read right, however, lately the guys have been getting the short end of the stick. While sometimes this happens for balance, we sometimes punish them very unfairly. It's unfair because some men now are more for equality that even the women I mean if it means they can enjoy a free ride why the heck not? but that's not what this is about. This post is to remind us why we still love them. Just a short ride down memory lane: Some of my earliest memories as a child are of my eldest brother; how he used to go to the room and hide with me when the cartoon "animal crackers" came on. Nothing scared me like animal crackers and while he wasn't scared of animal crackers, he just knew I was afraid so he will take me to the room to hide while he watched the door to make sure that no monste...