Skip to main content

1000 QUESTIONS



Welcome to 2017 (as if I am the gate keeper to the year. lol) in the spirit of new things, I have some questions that have been on my mind and I will love to share with you. 
I wrote this post late last year, but i figured the best way to start a new page is to ask questions then spend the whole time finding answers. 

Image result for questions

I read somewhere that the questions we ask ourselves improve our experience of any given situation. If you don't fully understand something you cannot fully expose yourself to something you don't understand. So based on my quest to fully understand life I  have a few questions to ask and though  they are not ground breaking, they are questions I have and will like to know your answers to.

Caution you will find no answers here...👀👀

What is shame and why do we have it? is it a reflex of our minds to help us not do the stuff we have imposed on ourselves as wrong?

Why is it that people who work hard do not get any returns but people who work smart get everything. Is hard work not really all it's cracked up to be?

Why is it that we are okay that younger women date older men, but it's like a fly is crawling up our backs when we see an older woman with a younger man. Is it that society has desexualised women so much so that when they reach a certain age and do anything we deem remotely sexy we think they are not normal.

Why is it that women are looked at as horrible when we like a man because of money, but it's okay for a man to solely like a woman because she is beautiful, isn't  it basically the same thing? There has to be something that attracts people right? if its beauty or money then what's the fuss? both of them are transient.
                                                                                         

Why can you tell a guy his dad is a player  and he kind of takes it as a compliment to his blood line and when you say his mum is a player, it's like he dies inside (lol.. real life experience)

Why is it that people look impressed when a beautiful woman is smart? They look impressed or happy like they just discovered an anomaly, but when a regular looking woman is smart people don't seem moved kind of like she should have something going for her if it's her brain then thank God.
Image result for questions
Why is it that when a woman cannot cook and a man gets with her, people think that the man is really trying? Lol like he did not know what he was getting into in the first place.

Why is that your kid can bring you so much happiness one moment and not 30 minutes later has you pulling out your hair in anger because they won't listen.

Why is it that you are thinking about how fortunate you are one minute, then just a second later you start imagining yourself without all these people or things you love and you're scared as shit.

Why Okafor's Law anyway?

Why is it okay for a guy to buy something sexy or naughty for his girlfriend and act out his fantasies with his girlfriend as opposed to his wife? Isn't a wife meant to be the height of man's excitement in that regard?

Why is it that we try to fight against everything our parents taught us in order to find ourselves then consider ourselves found and come right back to the person our parents wanted anyway?

Why can't a woman go after a man she wants, ask him out, ask him to marry her? why does she have to wait for the man? what if he doesn't know what he wants?

Why do people tell married women "Shakara don end"? Do they realise that the modern wife is expected to be everything, a maid, a whore, a dignified queen and a partner? And keep her husband's eyes from all any other woman who are ready to destroy her home to find a man by all means. Shakara cannot end, you have to kick ass and take names.

Why is it harder to work with women than it is to work with men?

When people say "they" who's they?

Why do we care what people say?

What is wrong with human beings, why are we capable of such hate?

Why do things that are bad for you feel so good?

WHY?

I may have my own answers to some of these (I tend to be overzealous like that) but the beauty about questions like this is that answers vary from person to person and experience to experience. 

Happy New Year.


XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Spank or Not To Spank.

  This is a late Mother's day post. Lately the  topic of spanking just pops up  everywhere. If you don't believe me just type spanking and child on google. Where ever there are parents people are airing their views on whether or not to spank their kids. Lately the trend is shifting away from spanking even though the bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. Some people argue that the bible didn't mean the rod literally  just a form of correction. Personally I believe in the rod. It  can take any form, the hand, the slippers, sometimes the spoon in your hand or even a pinch... lol. But I believe  in the rod. Most Nigerian mothers believe in spanking too. It's effective and straight to the point. Your disapproval is not left in contention. Some people believe though in negotiation. I don't see how rewarding a child for common sense is a good idea. In the long run won't it come back to bite your behind? Think about it "John if you stop sl...

Let's talk about SEX

I have been on twitter since I woke up. I am currently on holiday so I have the time :) there is a conversation about rape and rape culture is Nigeria but I will go unto that later. Now though I want to talk about one of the 7 wonders of the World: Sex. Good for you if you think it is and wait and see if you think it isn't LOL. Sex has always had a different sort of connotation in our country always so shrouded in mystery. People don't talk about it, if you talk about it you are bad. First of all let's note that I do not write any blog post that I will not be proud of my daughter reading one day. so I am going to write this post as I will want my child to understand it. What we need in this world now is not more articles telling us how to have sex, LOL these are useful but somehow, we kind of find that out on our own. What we need are real articles telling us about the ramifications and emotional entanglements of the entire glorious affair, and more reason why...

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...