Skip to main content

Can We Really Handle Honesty

It's been ages since I took the time to write anything.  I find this very relaxing but I have not relaxed in like 300 years (really 4weeks and it feels like300 years). Today we will be talking about how  we are all big fat liars by claiming we want honesty. You know how people always claim that they like honesty but 99.9% of the time if someone is brutally honest with you, you can't take it.  you will be thinking "why are you so mean?". Simple human decency does not really make room for brutal honesty.
Imagine if you told your boss straight out "sir you have body odour" out of the blue with no back ground and he is a guy that was insisting that he likes honesty in all his employees. How do you reckon he is going to react?
                                       
Women especially claim they like honesty but if someone steps up to you and says "that's the ugliest dress I have seen you wear" what will be your reaction "thank you so much for your honest opinion now I will go home to change or you will just tie your gele on the waist and prepare for fight. Honesty is really overrated sometimes sha;  like when your boyfriend tells you he cheated so that you guys can be honest and have a clean slate. It will probably be more annoying  if you didn't expect it at all, or you tell your guy that the boy is not his son when you have been together for 7 years. lol. No you will not (seriously you better not, just die with the secret).
We all claim we want people to be honest but we really don't, how can you want honesty when you tell yourself  lies all the time. I am really sleeping well and using shea butter on my skin and what you really are doing is adding a whitening serum to your shea butter or you say I have no time for this and it doesn't affect me when in truth its killing you.

                              
While I get that we need honesty to make it through life it's the lies we tell ourselves and others tell us that makes the ride worth it. Take for instance the lie that you will love being a parent 100% of the time, no you do not or that you will love the freedom and responsibility getting older brings, ermm, no most of the time you want to curl up in a dark room and sleep for days.
There is a balance though, there is a way to tell your girl friend or wife that she is fat without shredding her confidence. There is away to tell your boss that he smells without actually saying it (clue: subtle hints and gifts of odour neutralisers and deodorant).   On that note, after all is said and done, honesty is the key to keeping a clean soul and  weight off your shoulder. If you have friends and family that love you honesty will not be a strange bed fellow (lol always wanted to use that phrase) or if you want really want to succeed and be happy, you have to be honest to yourself and hold others accountable to be honest with you  and not in a spiteful way. If someone claims they are being honest but in actual fact they are distorting what is the truth with versions  that make them feel better about hurting other people, then they are not your friend.
                                          
As you grow you also need to be honest about the things that really matter in your life and how the people who are around you are helping shape you for these. If not you will be surrounded by a crowd of honest liars who claim to want to help you but make it harder for you to do anything. Just be honest with yourself, that is the most important truth and that's what counts.


XO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Offence Collector

Collector: I know she was talking about me, I didn't hear her say my name in the conversation but she said something and I knew it was me. People are rubbish, friends are disloyal. She will soon come to my table and smile and act like we are friends, but she spends all her time talking about me then they will say I am always angry. In fact I am not angry; I will just treat her in this office like she is a fly. Giver: Why is she upset now. What have I done again. She is acting like I don't exist but I can see her going out of her way to make me know she is ignoring me. Oh well... Collector: He knew I wanted him to keep it here. What kind of person looks at you when you are talking and doesn't hear what you are saying? That's how he is... that's how last year the same thing happened. How am I expected to be happy and normal in this house with someone who doesn't listen. He says he honestly forgot but isn't that what they all say? Giver: Ho...

Let's talk about SEX

I have been on twitter since I woke up. I am currently on holiday so I have the time :) there is a conversation about rape and rape culture is Nigeria but I will go unto that later. Now though I want to talk about one of the 7 wonders of the World: Sex. Good for you if you think it is and wait and see if you think it isn't LOL. Sex has always had a different sort of connotation in our country always so shrouded in mystery. People don't talk about it, if you talk about it you are bad. First of all let's note that I do not write any blog post that I will not be proud of my daughter reading one day. so I am going to write this post as I will want my child to understand it. What we need in this world now is not more articles telling us how to have sex, LOL these are useful but somehow, we kind of find that out on our own. What we need are real articles telling us about the ramifications and emotional entanglements of the entire glorious affair, and more reason why...

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...