Skip to main content

Witches and Wizards

Hello My People,
It's been two weeks since my last post. Been really busy at work couldn't possibly carve out time, but I am here now. Hope you all had a wonderful time last week.
Anyway, today we are talking about witches and wizards. This is a topic that is very dear to me. lol, not because I am either of these oh, but because they have become this boogie man lurking in the shadows of our misfortune in this country, so I am going to tear down the veil and ensure that the philosophies we pass to our children are sound. Not without faith but sound.  
Okay let's explore a few scenarios:
 Sister Angela was in university studying a 4 year course she was on her 3rd extra year and her faculty was sure she would not graduate this year. You see Sister Angela was a serious fellowship sister. all her seminar and lab time she spent fasting and praying in church. She missed most of her classes and attendance was like 10% of the final grade but when the exams were approaching sister Angela was in the church praying for God to reveal the final paper to her. Her whole family blamed her inability to graduate on the family of their mothers younger sister who was jealous of their mother's success as a trader in Balogun market. If Angela failed this year, the school will throw her out but these witches and wizard in her village won't leave her alone.
Brother Andrew was obese and had a hard time financially. Every time someone gave him a little financial push to start a  business venture he and his friends will use the profits to groove. He was the party master, morning nkwobi and stout, afternoon amala and fufu night isi ewu and 6 bottles of star, snapp and orijin for the ladies . He didn't exercise refused to work  and or reduce his "winning" ways and on top of that you know how this thirsty girls cling to a man like this like files because he was always throwing around money,  they loved him, but when he was broke no one was around. Andrew was constantly sick soon Andrew died of a heart attack at the young age of 42. Of course it was the fault of the witches and wizards.

Now it's not that I don't believe that there are diabolical manipulations of peoples destines I do even the bible says so; that our fight is not of flesh and blood but of powers and principalities in high places (I am a church girl). My own questions lies in  the fact that how can you make the same mistake over and over again and then blame the consequences on unseen evil forces. You remember how our former president blamed all his bad decisions or action on his detractors? only for us to realise he just wanted us all to shut up while he and his cabinet robbed the country blind. There are aspect of our lives that are within our control because God made it so and yes there are some times that unexplained bad things happen but you can't sit in your house everyday not doing anything productive and then blame the evil spirits from your village for you lack of money. The bible says that the man who does not work will not eat, If you don't read you will fail exam. There is no magic to it.

I know there are enemies, does people who refuse to be happy when you are, who can't seem to breathe just because you exist who live to torment us,those ones that the bible says you kill with kindness  (it's hard I can't lie).
You see people in crusades praying for their destines to be realised then Monday rolls along and in the office they say things like "as the HR manager it is over my dead body if so and so gets a promotion'', or you record your co worker making a joke about your boss so you get favour. Think about it how are you better that your witch and wizard relatives in the village? or you pray that you want money then steal from the treasury that they put you to account for come on!!!! The truth is a hard pill to swallow, how about we concentrate on transferring all the good things God does for us? pass those along stay in your lane say your prayers and let God break those chains he promised to redeem us.  Prayers should be part of our daily lives and our beliefs. Our Christianity should reflect our will to try should be who we are and reflect in what we do not call witches and wizard and use them as a crotch we hang on to, to reflect the failure that we have infected on our selves.
But what do I know anyway?
xoxo.

Please feel free to refute everything I have said.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Spank or Not To Spank.

  This is a late Mother's day post. Lately the  topic of spanking just pops up  everywhere. If you don't believe me just type spanking and child on google. Where ever there are parents people are airing their views on whether or not to spank their kids. Lately the trend is shifting away from spanking even though the bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. Some people argue that the bible didn't mean the rod literally  just a form of correction. Personally I believe in the rod. It  can take any form, the hand, the slippers, sometimes the spoon in your hand or even a pinch... lol. But I believe  in the rod. Most Nigerian mothers believe in spanking too. It's effective and straight to the point. Your disapproval is not left in contention. Some people believe though in negotiation. I don't see how rewarding a child for common sense is a good idea. In the long run won't it come back to bite your behind? Think about it "John if you stop sl...

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...

How Old Is Old Enough: Marriage

I have been writing this post for weeks, one reason being that I have to earn a living the other that I had momentarily lost my Mojo (juice). Being the deep 21st century individual that I am (Thank you, Thank you), I made an attempt to research for this post. I typed into google "when is the right time to get married" and the top two search results were kinda funny. One was from  Nairaland the other from the UK Independent. The Nairaland one said that its about 18 onward. The UK Independent one based its write up on the results of some scientific research which said about 28 to 32. Wiki How even has an 11 step process.                                    When can anyone really say they are ready for marriage? is it when you have been with the same man for a long time or when you think your biological clock is ticking or when other people tell you that you are ready for marriage....