Skip to main content

Nudity? Please...



I love the internet and social media. I love how we can share things and receive things without actually having to be in contact, I am one of those people who embraces new tech until of course I realise it's no longer working for me. Now one thing that I have had enough of is this exhibitionism that is now parading itself around as activism. What is your naked body standing up for please.  It's one thing or another, from Kim Kardarshan's constant need to be the topic of discussion, to Chelsea Handler and Miley Cyrus forcing us to see their nipples. People say things like if you don't  like it don't look , I used to be one of those people but how can I not look when these images are constantly on all my timelines going by headlines like; "so and so stands up to online haters with these sexy nude shot" or "This and that celebrity stands up to body shamers with more naked pictures" or "so and so supermodel stands up to instagram double standards with saucy nipple shot" etc etc. This whole thing is very funny to me, it's like someone says please madam your body is precious and private we don't want to show it and I say no my body is neither precious nor private. Thank You very Much.

Honestly I am over it.

It's now like talent doesn't mean anything, just get yourself on some social media platform and you will be noticed or take a sexy shot of your behind post on instagarm, 200 likes instant validation. Why do we need peoples likes to our posts to determine our self worth.  Now everyone wants someone else who they have never met to agree with them. A woman breast feeds her child and it's a big issue, she goes to a photographer takes millions of pictures and floods your Instagram or Facebook feed and you see a caption like "this brave new mommy takes on the breast feeding haters" lol.

I will like to introduce you to more that 10,000 "brave" Nigerian mommies who breast feed their babies on the street, in the hospital, in the waiting taxi and she doesn't want your validation or likes she just wants her child to be fed and be quiet.  Sigh.

I digress... what I am saying is that the new move towards nudity of any gender as a valid form of expression is getting out of hand. When people used to get naked for causes it was something special, naked people are now a dime a dozen. let's not think it's only a western thing, you know how we are always quick to copy everything our cousins from across the oceans are doing, so your 16 old daughter will tell you there isn't anything to it Mummy. what's so special about a nipple? Are you upset when junior shows his own? Then you have to spend the time to explain to her that the feminism we fight for and believe in is not the mass media propaganda that is all over the news and social media.

Please do not #freethenipple on my timeline this is not a worthy cause.

Cover all your stretch marks and baby battle scars at least half of the world's population has them.

xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Offence Collector

Collector: I know she was talking about me, I didn't hear her say my name in the conversation but she said something and I knew it was me. People are rubbish, friends are disloyal. She will soon come to my table and smile and act like we are friends, but she spends all her time talking about me then they will say I am always angry. In fact I am not angry; I will just treat her in this office like she is a fly. Giver: Why is she upset now. What have I done again. She is acting like I don't exist but I can see her going out of her way to make me know she is ignoring me. Oh well... Collector: He knew I wanted him to keep it here. What kind of person looks at you when you are talking and doesn't hear what you are saying? That's how he is... that's how last year the same thing happened. How am I expected to be happy and normal in this house with someone who doesn't listen. He says he honestly forgot but isn't that what they all say? Giver: Ho...

Let's talk about SEX

I have been on twitter since I woke up. I am currently on holiday so I have the time :) there is a conversation about rape and rape culture is Nigeria but I will go unto that later. Now though I want to talk about one of the 7 wonders of the World: Sex. Good for you if you think it is and wait and see if you think it isn't LOL. Sex has always had a different sort of connotation in our country always so shrouded in mystery. People don't talk about it, if you talk about it you are bad. First of all let's note that I do not write any blog post that I will not be proud of my daughter reading one day. so I am going to write this post as I will want my child to understand it. What we need in this world now is not more articles telling us how to have sex, LOL these are useful but somehow, we kind of find that out on our own. What we need are real articles telling us about the ramifications and emotional entanglements of the entire glorious affair, and more reason why...

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...