Skip to main content

Are you Happy Now?


                                           

The straight line from happiness to unhappiness is a line that most of us have walked. Without regard for the differences in our circumstances, we have marched straight along this line to find that we still did not find what we hoped we would at the end.
Arit and Soyibi were very good friends, they had numerous boyfriends and partied hard and then one day Arit met Fred. It was love at first sight; she dumped all her boyfriends and concentrated on Fred. Soyibi felt left out.
No matter how she tried she realised that none of her boyfriends could ever be like Arit’s Fred. All the rich ones were stingy, all the generous ones had pot bellies and all the rock solid ones were bad in bed, all the good in bed ones who were generous with manageable bodies talked too much and were womanizers, on and on it went but no one was like Fred. He was faithful, rich and generous and from Arit’s lips fantastic in the sack, so she decided that for her to be truly happy she will have to have Fred. She and Arit were not so different after all.
So she began her plan to get Fred. It so happened that one day Fred finally fell in her lap (literarily), she told Arit, the friendship ended but she had Fred.
Arit then moved on to another guy who was so much better that Fred, she forgave Soyibi. Soyibi came to understand the proverb that ‘person wey dey wear fine high heel shoe, na im sabi where the shoe dey pain am for leg’ with the realisation that Fred wasn't even all that sef.
Why did Arit not tell her that Fred was boring as a person, she was always acting like he was the cat's Meow.
Luke was an average sort of guy but he had a taste for the finer things in life. He could never be happy until he had the newest thing. If his neighbour changed girls he changed girls too. If his neighbour changed cars he changed cars too. He could never save because he was always trying to buy the new car. So one day his landlord kicked him out and he had a G wagon no home no money in the bank.
If you want to be an unhappy person compare yourself to other people. 


At work where maybe you are a team member and all you hear is your boss comparing you to another staff, or themselves, what's the effect? Do you feel motivated to do better or you just want to place your leg in front of the other person when they are passing? Sometimes it's a little of both, but not everyone is motivated by envy.
Look at everyone trying to keep up with their mates. Friend buys a car you want a car. Your friends business expands into a shop you too you want an office even when it doesn't make practical sense for you to have one. Friend gets married you cannot sleep because you have to get married, then you get stuck with a monster. Who will bare your cross with you? Save you from your nagging wife or violent husband, who will fix that car or pay those bills in the house?
The sexiest thing in a human being is confidence. You might see 2 women, one fat one slim but the slim one has a mousy way about her and the bigger one stands tall, speaks up and treats herself like a queen. That's the one you find people gravitating toward. While ambition is admirable it becomes unattractive when it’s fuelled by jealousy and not the need to be better or do better because that's really what counts.
Like I say in my post in this skin, it's all about being happy and content and working to get better. We have to remember that we are all in different lanes, you cannot allow someone else's journey decide how happy you are going to be in life.


XO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technology Is Trying To Kill Me

This post is inspired by a chapter in an audio book I listened to sometime ago and I decided to write my own version of how technology is planning to kill me.                 Picture 1 The other day I was carrying my daughter who is 2 now. Big little woman. She was restless in my arms but won't let me put her down unfortunately, I happened to also be holding my phone. At some point I felt the phone slip, for a split second I considered dropping my darling baby who I nearly tore down heaven's gate for to save my phone that was basically an after thought during one of the husband's excited moments.  Of course I held onto my daughter but I won't stay here and lie to you that I didn't think about instantly dropping her without warning.  I don't even remember when it happened that I started loving this device so much. I can't even remember the last time I had an emotion or thought that I felt something epic and didn't feel the...

To Spank or Not To Spank.

  This is a late Mother's day post. Lately the  topic of spanking just pops up  everywhere. If you don't believe me just type spanking and child on google. Where ever there are parents people are airing their views on whether or not to spank their kids. Lately the trend is shifting away from spanking even though the bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. Some people argue that the bible didn't mean the rod literally  just a form of correction. Personally I believe in the rod. It  can take any form, the hand, the slippers, sometimes the spoon in your hand or even a pinch... lol. But I believe  in the rod. Most Nigerian mothers believe in spanking too. It's effective and straight to the point. Your disapproval is not left in contention. Some people believe though in negotiation. I don't see how rewarding a child for common sense is a good idea. In the long run won't it come back to bite your behind? Think about it "John if you stop sl...

Offence Collector

Collector: I know she was talking about me, I didn't hear her say my name in the conversation but she said something and I knew it was me. People are rubbish, friends are disloyal. She will soon come to my table and smile and act like we are friends, but she spends all her time talking about me then they will say I am always angry. In fact I am not angry; I will just treat her in this office like she is a fly. Giver: Why is she upset now. What have I done again. She is acting like I don't exist but I can see her going out of her way to make me know she is ignoring me. Oh well... Collector: He knew I wanted him to keep it here. What kind of person looks at you when you are talking and doesn't hear what you are saying? That's how he is... that's how last year the same thing happened. How am I expected to be happy and normal in this house with someone who doesn't listen. He says he honestly forgot but isn't that what they all say? Giver: Ho...